Courtesy of: NordicTrack.Com
1. Improve Your Mood -- When you exercise, the body releases natural chemicals that make you happy.
2. Relive Asthma Symptoms -- One of the benefits of running is it strengthens the lungs and bronchi making it easier to breathe.
3. Maintain Healthy Blood Pressure -- The contaraction and expansion of arteries makes them stronger and improves their ability to regulate blood pressure.
4. Strengthen Your Immune System -- Runners are less likely to contract minor illnesses.
5. Lose Weight -- Running can burn more than 850 calories per hour and the motion helps break down fat tissue.
6. Improve Strength -- You build up muscles in the lower body while strengthening tendons and ligaments when you run.
7. Avoid Osteoporosis -- Running increases bone density because the body delivers essential minerals to the bones when they are under stress.
8. Increase Joint Stability and Strength -- Stronger joints means a reduced risk of injuring hips, ankles and knees.
9. Take Control of Your Life -- Building self-confidence allows you to take control of your life.
10. Balance Your Blood Sugar -- In diabetics, running can counteract insulin resistance and regulate blood sugar levels.
Article by Craig Wilson